Forms, Timelines & Handbook
This handbook was developed as an informal guide for the convenience of our graduate students. Formally approved policies for the program can be found in UCR’s General Catalog.
These timelines help students visualize a path-to-degree for both the Ph.D. and the “incidental master’s” (for students entering without an M.A.). They also appear in the Handbook.
Frequently requested from the Graduate Affairs Assistant:
- GSA Travel Grant Application and related forms.
- General Petitions & Forms: For late enrollment adjustments, transfer or waive units or course work; extend the time limit for the removal of Incomplete grades, etc. Many petitions are now submitted online via R’Grad (click on the R’Grad icon in your R’Web menu).
- Form 291: Petition for Directed Studies Reading List. This form is used for exam preparation and units are not attributable toward course work for a degree.
- Form 292: Concurrent Analysis. Used for bundling an upper-division undergraduate course with 2 additional units to meet graduate-level requirements.
- Form 293: Research Topics in Comparative Literature & Foreign Languages.
- CPLT Required Course Chart
- Graduate Division FAQ
- CPLT Department Qualifying Exam Procedures
For additional forms not listed, please visit Graduate Division Petitions & Forms