Forms, Timelines & Handbook
This handbook was developed as an informal guide for the convenience of our graduate students. Formally approved policies for the program can be found in UCR’s General Catalog.
These timelines help students visualize a path-to-degree for both the Ph.D and the “incidental master’s” (for students entering without an M.A.). They also appear in the Handbook.
Frequently requested from the Graduate Affairs Assistant:
- GSA Travel Grant Application and related forms.
- General Petition Form: To transfer or waive units or course work; extend time limit for the removal of Incomplete grades, etc.
- Form 293: Petition to Enroll in Concurrent Analytical Studies
- Form 291: Petition for Directed Studies Reading List. This form is used for exam preparation and units are not attributable toward course work for degree.
- Form 292: Concurrent Analysis. Used for bundling an upper-division undergraduate course with 2 additional units to meet graduate level requirements.
- CPLT Required Course Chart
- Graduate Division FAQ
For additional forms not listed, please visit Graduate Division Petitions & Forms