The Korean minor provides students with the knowledge of Korean language, literature, culture, and society.
- Lower-division requirements (8 units plus language proficiency)
- Proficiency in Korean through the intermediate level, KOR 005 (second year)
- Eight (8) units from lower-division lecture courses on Korean literature and culture: KOR 042, KOR 047/AST 047/MCS 047
- Upper Division Requirements (16 units)
- Four (4) upper-division units in Korean language from KOR 101
- Eight (8) units in Korean literature and culture from KOR 110 (E-Z), KOR 112/AST 112, and four (4) units in Asian literatures and cultures: can be chosen from all the upper-division lecture courses on Asian literature and culture from the department as well as Korea-related upper-division courses from other departments (with adviser’s consent), including the courses listed under (2)
For information about placement exams contact Aaron Jurkiewicz.
Committee in Charge
- Kelly Y. Jeong, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Comparative Literature/Korean Studies
- Milagros Peña, Ph.D. Dean, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, ex officio