- M.A. and Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles (Italian Literature)
- B.A. Università La Sapienza, Rome, Italy (Foreign Literatures and Languages)
Second Language acquisition and teaching methodology; 18th, 19th and 20th century Italian literature; Italian Women Writers and Italian Cinema and Culture.
Dr. Mehrmand is a Senior Lecturer in Italian andthe Coordinator of the Italian Language Program at UCR. Her lower- and upper-division courses include Italian culture, film, theater and literature. She has written on several contemporary writers including Luca Desiato, Susanna Tamaro, Paola Masino, Anna Banti and Sibilla Aleramo. She has done translations in Art History and Literature. Recently, she co-authored the second-year Italian text, Letture divertenti (New York: Edizioni Farinelli, 2010).
- Letture divertenti: Umorismo. Co-authored with E. Magistro. New York: Edizioni Farinelli, 2010.
- Film Study Program: Pane e tulipani. New York: Edizioni Farinelli, 2008.
- Film Study Program: Io non ho paura. New York: Edizioni Farinelli, 2007.
- “Luca Desiato.” Entry in Dictionary of Literary Biography. Volume entitled Italian Novelists Since WWII. New York: Bruccoli & Layman, 1998.